The community manager is the most popular role among social media teams (according to Altimeter). It has emerged as the main public face of the social media efforts for most companies. Some companies choose to use junior level employees to manage their online communities, while others commit large teams with hierarchies to the task.
Last year, Social Fresh launched our first Community Manager report. And this year we have gathered even more data from twice as many community managers.
Here are some of the highlights from the data in this report:
- Content is the most time intensive task for community managers
- Software companies were the most likely to have a community manager
- The average age of a community manager was 30 years old
- More community managers see success on Facebook (52%) than any other platform
- Community managers, surprisingly, spend more time on content creation than any other task
Enter your full name and email over on the right and you will get full access to the report.